High-tech startup fundraising, evaluation and profit sharing
Picostock benefits from the innovative character of the bitcoin network and offers on one hand unprecedented transparency of transactions and on the other hand the benefits of anonymity of the assessment process:
- all bitcoin transfers between users and PicoStocks are public
- all transactions, fees, rewards and dividend payments within PicoStocks are public
- all accounts on picostocks are directly linked to a bitcoin account and are therefore anonymous and facilitate anonymous peer review of projects and companies
- despite the anonymity of account holders evaluations are expected to reflect real market valuation because the evaluators have to use valuable bitcoins they own to place bids for offered assets
- because the valuation process is inexpensive, anonymous and relatively accurate it can be used by funding agencies to evaluate plausibility of grant proposals submitted by the listed companies and assess the effects of projects conducted or completed with public funding support.
- You can obtain valuation of assets You own by the PicoStocks community through an Initial PicoStocks Offering (IPO)
- You can sell Your assets to PicoStocks if You are satisfied with the IPO evaluation results
- You can obtain long term profits from the sold assets through a fixed share in future dividend payments from the asset
- You can collect rewards by evaluating assets offered by other PicoStocks members
- You can profit from transactions on the PicoStocks platform
- You can participate in profits from dividends from assets You hold on PicoStocks
- You can benefit from the anonymity of the bitcoin network
- You can obtain initial valuation of assets of Your company at any stage of development, much cheaper and much faster than through other public stock exchange platforms
- You can raise capital for the company by selling stocks of the company to PicoStocks after accepting the results of the IPO
- You can monitor the valuation of the company as on any other stock exchange platform but with much less formal requirements and at a much lower cost
How to start
- To become member of PicoStocks You need to have a bitcoin account that You can obtain by downloading, installing and starting the official bitcoin client or by getting an account from any other third party bitcoin account provider.
- To participate actively in transactions on PicoStocks You need to obtain bitcoins. You can buy them on any of the numerous bitcoin exchanges or try to mine them.
- Login to PicoStocks with Your bitcoin account. The system sill generate for You Your PicoStocks bitcoin account that You can use to deposit bitcoins on PicoStocks. To preserve anonymity and improve safety You can later withdraw bitcoins from PicoStocks only to the bitcoin account You provided initially, so don’t loose it.
- After 5 confirmations of Your bitcoin transfer Your bitcoins are available for transactions. You can use them to place bids for assets offered within IPOs or traded on PicoStocks.
- You can also at any time offer assets You own to the PicoStocks community by going through the IPO process. If successful PicoStocks will purchase from You the assets and list them on the platform. This transaction is not anonymous and You will have to contact the IPO office to finalize and sign all documents.
- All profits obtained on PicoStocks are denominated in bitcoins. You need to exchange them on a bitcoin exchange platform to convert them to other currencies.
This plot shows the cumulative profits form all assets expressed in BTC and USD. Profits include the dividends and the appreciation of the value of the assets.